Developed in 2004, the Advanced Software Manager (ASM) builds upon the Certified Software Manager (CSM) seminar by delving further into the logistics and methods of a software license management initiative, developing a check list of terms and conditions for license negotiations, auditing procedures and several other key topics when managing and negotiating software licenses. Become an ASM today!
What You Will Learn
Who Should Attend
- The importance of processes, tools, and people in a software asset management (SAM) and license optimization initiative
- Functional roles within your organization that are directly involved with the SAM initiative
- How to establish objectives and scope for one’s own organization environment
- Understand license trends, acquisition planning, and critical terms and conditions that need to be considered in negotiations
- Perform gap analysis on policies, procedures and licenses
Employees that are involved with the management of software licenses: Software Licensing Managers; Software Compliance Managers; IT Administrators; IT Asset Managers; IT Procurement Managers; IT Service Managers; Purchasing Agents; Legal Representatives; HR Personnel; and Software Asset Managers.
Unit I: SAM Processes
- Process Importance to SAM
- The Software Lifecycle
- SAM Processes
- Best Practice Considerations
Unit II: SAM Tools
- Inventory and Auto-Discovery
- Software Usage
- License & Contract Management
Unit III: SAM Team
- Core Team
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Functional IT & Business Roles
- Program Technical Resources
- Mapping Functions to Your Resources
Unit IV: SAM Program Assessment
- Data Gathering
- Gap Analysis
- Identifying and Quantifying Potential Benefits
Unit V: SAM Program Implementation
- Establishing Program Objectives and Scope
- SAM Operations Manual with Policies and Standards
- Prioritize Major Activities
- Develop Clear Project Plan
Unit VI: Understanding Software Licensing
- Licensing Trends and Impacts
- Other Licensing Impacts
- Organizational Licensing Consideration
Unit VII: Software Acquisition Planning
- Obtaining the “Right” License Agreement
- License Agreement Analysis
- Dispute Management Considerations
Pricing and Delivery Methods
OnDemand - $495
Live - $695
Private Training - See Pricing
The online exam is a must for the Certification designation. Student must have completed the Certification Course before taking Certification Exam, otherwise Exam results will be invalid with no refund. For Onsite or Private Seminars email instructions will be sent to student immediately following any Live Course Training and the student will have 30 Day Access to the Exam once email has been sent. For OnDemand Courses and Exams, 30 Day Term begins immediately after receipt of payment.
- 30 Day Access Term
- Student has 2 attempts to pass Exam during Access Term Period (80% to pass)
- Student will be given option to print Certificate upon passing the exam within LMS (Learning Management System)
If student fails to pass the certification exam or access term expires, student may re-purchase the exam for a $50 fee. Please contact email@example.com for any re-purchases.
The ASM contains the ASM Manual which is over 100 pages and made available to the student for download (PDF).
Students must Re-Certify once every 3 Years. If a major update to Certification Course occurs before the student’s 3-Year term is expired, an announcement will occur and students can determine if they need to achieve the updated Certification. See the Re-Certification page for further information.
NOTE: For past students with an expiration on their respective Certification certificate see Re-Certification page to find out more information on how to receive an updated certificate.
ESM Pro Information
Student must complete all Certifications (CSM, ASM, ESM; plus one of the following certifications: CCLM, CSLN or CSM Cyber I) in order to achieve the ESM Pro Certification designation. Upon completion of all Certifications Student may request an ESM Pro certificate by contact firstname.lastname@example.org.