Comprehensive training on legal issues surrounding copyright laws and managing licensing, including: subscriptions, journals, pictures, software, databases and more. License and copyright compliance needs to be managed properly. This training melds together the responsibilities of the Corporate Librarian or Information Professional to the responsibilities of IT managers: professions that deal with complex licenses and the copyright law. The course is designed to help an organization manage all things copyrights and all things licenses: from subscriptions to professional journals to software to images and more; with an organized approach liabilities are lowered and costs contained.Notes: The CCLM is its own certification, but may count towards the ESM Pro accreditation.
What You Will Learn
Who Should Attend
- Identify Different Types of Works to Manage in the Workplace
- Fair Use and Other Concerns Relating to the Copyright Law
- Learn about Copyright Cases with High Damages and Their Relation to the Organization
- Identify All Types of Licensed Works in the Environment
- Develop of Management Procedures and Policies
- Sustaining a Realistic Approach to Management Initiatives
Employees that are involved and deal with licenses from content to pictures to software to subscriptions to databases and more within an organization, including but not limited to: Corporate Librarians, IT Managers, SAM Practitioners, Software License Managers, Information Professionals and any Procurers of Licensing for the organization.
Unit I: Introduction and Course Objectives
- Defining Objectives
- Hypothetical Organization
Unit II: Copyright Law in the Workplace
- Copyright 101
- Fair Use “Defense” or Just Offensive
- All Penalties: Non-Willful to Willful
- Compliance from a Journal to a Subscription
- Exercise: Project Share to Project Scare
Unit III: Liabilities of Concern
- Ways Infringing Activity Happens
- Scope of Liabilities
- Copyright Cases: Relevant that Relate to an Organization
- Compliance Musts
- Discussion: What’s in Your Organization?
Unit IV: Types of Licenses
- Subscriptions, PDFs, IP Authentication, Oh My!
- When the Organization Enters into an Agreement
- Most Common Agreement Types
- Exercise: Deciphering the Ts and Cs of Multiple Products
Unit V: Managing Copyrights, Licenses and Expectations
- Bird’s Eye View of Organization
- Creating Strategies for Containment to Management
- Where Appropriate Manage Intellectual Property
- Seven Strategies to Better Management
- Discussion: Expecting the Unexpected
Unit VI: Teamwork, Tools and Awareness
- Teaming Info Pros and IT
- Leveraging Tools and Technology
- Developing Joint Strategies, Processes, and Policies
- Compliance to Efficiency
- Exercise: Lean on Team
Unit VII: Continuing Initiatives
- Sustainability is Hard, but a Must
- Always Demonstrating Worth
- Awareness to Enforcement – Tricks of the Trade
Live - $695
Private Training - See Pricing
The online exam is a must for the Certification designation. Student must have completed the Certification Course before taking Certification Exam, otherwise Exam results will be invalid with no refund. For Onsite or Private Seminars email instructions will be sent to student immediately following any Live Course Training and the student will have 30 Day Access to the Exam once email has been sent. For OnDemand Courses and Exams, 30 Day Term begins immediately after receipt of payment.
- 30 Day Access Term
- Student has 2 attempts to pass Exam during Access Term Period (80% to pass)
- Student will be given option to print Certificate upon passing the exam within LMS (Learning Management System)
If student fails to pass the certification exam or access term expires, student may re-purchase the exam for a $50 fee. Please contact email@example.com for any re-purchases.
The CCLM contains the class materials provided for exercises and instruction (PDF).
ESM Pro Information
Student must complete all Certifications (CSM, ASM, ESM; plus one of the following certifications: CCLM, CSLN or CSM Cyber I) in order to achieve the ESM Pro Certification designation. Upon completion of all Certifications Student may request an ESM Pro certificate by contact firstname.lastname@example.org.