The Certified Software License Negotiations (CSLN) course delivers the strategies of the Publishers and Resellers and how they sell their products, in order for the buyer to better prepare oneself for negotiations. The student will learn how to compile the right team, grasp license metrics, comprehend contract terms, and gain the tactics necessary to become a savvy negotiator. A must for any Software buyer or manager of licenses. Know how to negotiate and win the best deal!
What you will learn
- The importance of working with a Team before, during and after negotiations
- Understanding How the Seller operates
- Prioritizing Terms based on one’s organizational needs
- Avoiding the “Pitfalls” and achieving a fair maintenance contract
- Understand the license metrics to the “HOT” button issues of the contract
- Utilizing tactics to achieve the Win in negotiations
Who should attend
Employees that are involved with the purchase of software licenses: Software Licensing Managers; IT Procurement; IT Administrators; IT Asset Managers; IT Service Managers; Purchasing Agents; Legal Representatives; HR Personnel; and Software Asset Managers.
All Certification Courses include access to the Certification Exam, and passing of the Exam is a must for the Certification designation. Student must have completed the Certification Course before taking Certification Exam, otherwise Exam results will be invalid with no refund. For Onsite or Private Seminars email instructions will be sent to student immediately following any Live Course Training and the student will have 30 Day Access to the Exam once email has been sent. For OnDemand Courses and Exams, 45 Day Access Term begins immediately upon Enrollment.
- Student has unlimited attempts to pass Exam during Access Term Period (80% to pass)
- Exam questions are Multiple Choice/True False, and the Exam is a 1-Hour timed Exam.
- Student will be given option to print Certificate upon passing the exam within LMS (Learning Management System)
If student fails to pass the certification exam or access term expires, student may request a one-time 50% discount to retake the course and exam.
*Discounts apply for Group Purchases.