Since 1994 and 1000s of CSMs worldwide, the CSM curriculum was originally created by the SIIA, but now co-owned and managed by LicenseLogic. The CSM teaches students how to better manage their software licenses and to know what liabilities exist when it comes to non-compliance with the copyright law. In addition, students learn the importance of a SAM (software asset management) team and how to build the foundation to a productive SAM (software asset management) initiative. SAM and maintaining software compliance in one’s environment is not easy, equip yourself with the right knowledge to tackle SAM efficiently. Become a CSM today!
What you will learn
- Identify the components of an effective software management plan
- Reduce waste of unused software licenses in your IT department
- Recognize various types of software license agreements
- Understand liabilities surrounding copyright infringement
- Untangle the details of the self-audit process
Who should attend
Employees that are involved with the management of software licenses: Software Licensing Managers; Software Compliance Managers; IT Administrators; IT Asset Managers; IT Procurement Managers; IT Service Managers; Purchasing Agents; Legal Representatives; HR Personnel; and Software Asset Managers.
*Discounts apply for Group Purchases.
The CSM contains the CSM Manual which is 152 pages and made available to the student for download (PDF).
All Certification Courses include access to the Certification Exam, and passing of the Exam is a must for the Certification designation. Student must have completed the Certification Course before taking Certification Exam, otherwise Exam results will be invalid with no refund. For Onsite or Private Seminars email instructions will be sent to student immediately following any Live Course Training and the student will have 30 Day Access to the Exam once email has been sent. For OnDemand Courses and Exams, 45 Day Access Term begins immediately upon Enrollment.
- Student has unlimited attempts to pass Exam during Access Term Period (80% to pass)
- Exam questions are Multiple Choice/True False; and Exam is a 1-Hour Timed Exam.
- Student will be given option to print Certificate upon passing the exam within LMS (Learning Management System)
If student fails to pass the certification exam or access term expires, student may request a one-time 50% discount to retake the course and exam.