The Certified Software License Negotiations (CSLN) course delivers the strategies of the Publishers and Resellers and how they sell their products, in order for the buyer to better prepare oneself for negotiations. The student will learn how to compile the right team, grasp license metrics, comprehend contract terms, and gain the tactics necessary to become a savvy negotiator. A must for any Software buyer or manager of licenses. Know how to negotiate and win the best deal. Become certified in the CSLN today!
What You Will Learn
Who Should Attend
- The importance of working with a Team before, during and after negotiations
- Understanding How the Seller operates
- Prioritizing Terms based on one’s organizational needs
- Avoiding the “Pitfalls” and achieving a fair maintenance contract
- Understand license metrics to the “HOT” button issues of the contract
- Utilizing tactics to achieve the WIN in negotiations
Employees that are involved with the management of software licenses: Software Licensing Managers; Software Compliance Managers; IT Administrators; IT Asset Managers; IT Procurement Managers; IT Service Managers; Purchasing Agents; Legal Representatives; HR Personnel; and Software Asset Managers.
Unit I: Introduction
- Meet the Negotiator
- Course Objectives
- Bringing the Right People Together
Unit II: The Salesman
- Sales Tools and Processes
- Quite Common Software Sales Conditions
- Compensation Based on Commission
- Sales Compensation
- Understanding the Sales Cycle
Unit III: The Publisher
- Pricing Models
- Important Basics
- Comparing Delivery Methods
- License Metrics
- Enterprise Licenses
- Publisher Channels, Strategies and Issues
- Alternative Software Licensing Models
Unit IV: Common Contract Terms
- Common Terms
- Importance of Terms of Conditions
- Process Steps
Unit V: Understanding Publisher-Client Contracts
- General Terms and Conditions
- After Internal Knowledge Checks
- Hot Buttons for Publishers
- Hot Buttons for Organization
Unit VI: Preparing for Negotiations
- Process Cycles
- Other Negotiation Strategies and Tactics
- Maintenance Contracts
- Avoiding Negotiations Pitfalls
- Role of Client Organization
- Aiming for a WIN-WIN Scenario
Unit VII: Conclusion
- Tactic – Mock RFP
- Tactic – The Walkaway
- Controlling Information Internally
- Bringing in Subject Matter Experts
- Maintenance Percentage Fees
- Capping Escalation Fees
All Certification Courses include access to the Certification Exam, and passing of the Exam is a must for the Certification designation. Student must have completed the Certification Course before taking Certification Exam, otherwise Exam results will be invalid with no refund. For Onsite or Private Seminars email instructions will be sent to student immediately following any Live Course Training and the student will have 30 Day Access to the Exam once email has been sent. For OnDemand Courses and Exams, 45 Day Access Term begins immediately upon Enrollment.
- Student has unlimited attempts to pass Exam during Access Term Period (80% to pass)
- Student will be given option to print Certificate upon passing the exam within LMS (Learning Management System)
If student fails to pass the certification exam or access term expires, student may request a one-time 50% discount to retake the course and exam.
Pricing for OnDemand
When Buying Groups - Instructions to Enroll Upon Purchase. One Has 120 Days to Enroll Students - An Extension May Be Granted Upon Request
Course and Exam
ESM Pro Information
Go on and become a PRO! DISCOUNTED PRICING when buying all 4 Courses! Student must complete all Certifications (CSM, ASM, ESM and the CSLN) in order to achieve the ESM Pro Certification designation. Upon completion of all Certifications Student may request an ESM Pro certificate by contact email@example.com.
Need Private Training?
Pricing for a Course(s) and Exam(s) is as follows:
- $5,000/per day of training for up to 10 attendees; each additional attendee after the 10th attendee is $450/attendee + travel, hotel, meal, and incidental expenses may apply.
- If outside Continental United States then travel, hotel, meal, and incidental expenses will apply.
- Any Certification Exams are included with the final price.
- Buyer is to provide the room and a projector for the training, all other training materials will be provided by LicenseLogic.
NOTE: If you are not sure what course(s) or workshop will fit your needs, give us a call and we will help you determine the best education for your group.
To find out more information or to book an On-Site or Private Training please call (301) 363-1658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must Re-Certify once every 3 Years. If a major update to Certification Course occurs before the student’s 3-Year term is expired, an announcement will occur and students can determine if they need to achieve the updated Certification. See the Re-Certification page for further information.
NOTE: For past students with an expiration on their respective Certification certificate see Re-Certification page to find out more information on how to receive an updated certificate.