Strategize on how to respond to a publisher’s SAM assessment request to determining the total cost of ownership of software products, the Expert Software Manager (ESM) certification provides the knowledge needed to take any software manager to the next level. Learn the sales tactics of the software publishers to help craft one’s negotiations. Develop practical approaches and considerations when managing cloud and virtualized environments. This is the certification to obtain to have the knowledge to be an expert in software management. Become an ESM today!
What You Will Learn
Who Should Attend
- Align IT Security with SAM
- Understand Publisher Sales Strategies to Prepare Your Negotiations
- How and When to Respond to Publisher Assessments/Audits
- Management Considerations for Cloud and Virtualization Models
- Determine Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and evaluate the Value of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Employees that are involved with the management of software licenses: Software Licensing Managers; Software Compliance Managers; IT Administrators; IT Asset Managers; IT Procurement Managers; IT Service Managers; Purchasing Agents; Legal Representatives; HR Personnel; and Software Asset Managers.
Unit I: Introduction – How Managing Software Fits into ITAM
- Defining ITAM
- Best Practice Recommendations
Unit II: Security and SAM
- Aligning IT Security and Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Six Actions to Take
- Cloud Control and Virtualization Risks
- EXERCISE: Security Breach
Unit III: Software Publishers Sales Strategies
- Direct vs Indirect Sales Models
- Sales Management Processes
- Impacts on Sales Approach
- Preparing Your Organization’s Negotiations
Unit IV: Publisher Audit Tactics and Response
- Publisher Assessment Requests
- How and When to Respond
- Audit Clauses – Audits are Not Pretty… So Negotiate What You Can
- Audit Letter vs SAM Assessment
Unit V: Cloud and Virtualization Models and Management
- Balancing the Trade-Off: Outsourcing vs Loss of Flexibility
- Introducing the Organization to SaaS
- Deployment Models Overview
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization Models
- Management Considerations and License Impacts
Unit VI: Outliers: Managing Server Licenses and Open Source
- Server License Model Examples
- Strategies to Gain Knowledge
- Considerations for Open Source Use
Unit VII: SLAs and Maintenance Agreements
- Maintenance and Support Services
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Scenarios for Upgrade Paths and Pricing
- EXERCISE: Upcoming Maintenance Renewal
Unit VIII: Determining TCO
- Defining Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Assessment Checklist
- Two Approaches to TCO
Unit IX: Successful Procurement and Ongoing Management
- Assembling the Right Procurement Team
- Assembling the Right Management Team
- Tips for Procurement and Management
All Certification Courses include access to the Certification Exam, and passing of the Exam is a must for the Certification designation. Student must have completed the Certification Course before taking Certification Exam, otherwise Exam results will be invalid with no refund. For Onsite or Private Seminars email instructions will be sent to student immediately following any Live Course Training and the student will have 30 Day Access to the Exam once email has been sent. For OnDemand Courses and Exams, 45 Day Access Term begins immediately upon Enrollment.
- Student has unlimited attempts to pass Exam during Access Term Period (80% to pass)
- Student will be given option to print Certificate upon passing the exam within LMS (Learning Management System)
If student fails to pass the certification exam or access term expires, student may request a one-time 50% discount to retake the course and exam.
Pricing for OnDemand
Course and Exam
ESM Pro Information
Go on and become a PRO! DISCOUNTED PRICING when buying all 4 Courses! Student must complete all Certifications (CSM, ASM, ESM and the CSLN) in order to achieve the ESM Pro Certification designation. Upon completion of all Certifications Student may request an ESM Pro certificate by contact email@example.com.
Need Private Training?
Pricing for a Course(s) and Exam(s) is as follows:
- $5,000/per day of training for up to 10 attendees; each additional attendee after the 10th attendee is $450/attendee + travel, hotel, meal, and incidental expenses may apply.
- If outside Continental United States then travel, hotel, meal, and incidental expenses will apply.
- Any Certification Exams are included with the final price.
- Buyer is to provide the room and a projector for the training, all other training materials will be provided by LicenseLogic.
NOTE: If you are not sure what course(s) or workshop will fit your needs, give us a call and we will help you determine the best education for your group.
To find out more information or to book an On-Site or Private Training please call (301) 363-1658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must Re-Certify once every 3 Years. If a major update to Certification Course occurs before the student’s 3-Year term is expired, an announcement will occur and students can determine if they need to achieve the updated Certification. See the Re-Certification page for further information.
NOTE: For past students with an expiration on their respective Certification certificate see Re-Certification page to find out more information on how to receive an updated certificate.